I have to tell you all a small little truth.
Outside of being a total bush nerd (which every one already pretty much knows), as much as I love the thrill of a Big 5 safari, it is the simple things in the bush that made me fall most in love with the the more nature safari experience. If I could only choose one type of safari experience for the rest of my life it would almost definitely be of the smaller animals and nature type. In fact I keep threatening to quit the city life and live in nature, I am just still trying to find a wife to join me!
Some of my favourite things on a nature safari:
– Self made tea on my ‘stoep’ long before the sun rises
– Lazy days with no agenda
– My walking shoes, a backpack with some icy beers and some cheese and bread and no set direction for a sunset walk
– Faffing about your own fire, adding a log here, a poke or two there (and the simple sense of satisfaction)
– Sneaking tidbits off your ‘braai’\
– Watching the best tv show on the planet – bush tv (the act of sitting around a fire looking in wihtout feeling the need to speak a word!)
That is why when Tomjachu owner, Jack, contacted me about his beautiful bush retreat, it only took a few moments of browsing (more like ogling) their website and listening to this passionate chap talk to convince me that I had found heaven. Jack not only out bush nerds me by a bushveld bucket full, but each one his incredible staff wear their passion of Tomjachu with pride.
I got to spend 2 nights at Tomjachu Bush Retreat not so long ago and these were a few of my highlights (stay tuned for our year-round yoga safari available through Satori Africa or contact us now for more information).