No other experience allows you to possibly explore and connect to a country more so than donning your trekking boots and hitting the trails.
Possibly the most famed is the bucket list experience of spending time face-to-face with wild gorillas in their natural habitat. The fact that gorillas as a species are on the verge of extinction and treks are a highly restricted activity, encountering wild gorillas is deemed a once-in-a-lifetime travel experience.
Along with the gorillas, another truly special experience is to track and trek with the chimpanzees.
If an out and out hike is more of interest the options are endless, from the peaks of the Drakensberg to the highest summits in Africa including Mount Kenya, Kilimanjaro and The Rwenzori mountain range. Throughout Africa there are hikes to suite all levels of fitness and expertise.
- Hike Mount Kilimanjaro (Tanzania)
- Gorilla trekking in Bwindi (Uganda) & Volcanoes National Parks (Rwanda)
- Chimpanzee Tracking in Uganda
- Trek the Rwenzori Mountain Range, also called Mountains of the Moon (Uganda)
- Hike one of the many famed routes around South Africa